Leave and Absence
- No student who is late, has taken leave or has been absent from school will be permitted to enter class without the permission of the Principal / Headmistress.
- Every absence / leave / late arrival must be entered in the relevant pages of this handbook and signed by the parent. Unless the student gets his handbook countersigned by the Principal / Headmistress after coming to school he / she will not be allowed to sit in the class. Application for leave must be signed before the morning assembly.
- Once the child comes to school he / she will not be allowed to leave the premises during school hours / before school gets over. Request for half day leave, short leave etc. will not be entertained. In case of emergencies parents themselves must come and collect their child from the school.
- If a student is unable to attend school for more than three days, the parents must inform the Principal / Headmistress in advance and forward a separate written application.
- Absence / leave without permission, for more than six consecutive days, will result in the student’s name being struck off the rolls; Re-admission, if granted, will be done after payment of a Re-admission fee.
- It is noticed that students of Class XI and XII frequently remain absent from class under one pretext or the other, thereby hindering the regular work and order of the school. Such irregularities interfere with the educational environment of the school and as such will invite disciplinary action.
- All students are expected to attend class on the last working day, before the start of the vacation and the first working day, after the end of the vacation. Absence for more than three days at the beginning of the term or immediately after the vacation will result in the student’s name being struck off the rolls.
- A student returning to school after suffering from a contagious / infectious disease should produce a medical certificate declaring him / her to be fit.
- Leave will not be granted for absence from school one week prior to a Unit Test / Assessment / Examination.