All parents are requested to impart health education to their children so that they -
- Maintain personal hygiene like : trimming of nails, regular hair cuts, etc.
- Ensure that they sleep 8 hours a day.
- Ensure that they exercise daily.
- Have a balanced diet.
- Drink water which is either boiled or filtered. All students are advised to bring their own water bottles from home.
- Avoid consumption of ice-creams, other milk products and eatables from roadside vendors and kiosks.
- Deworm all children at least once every year. Advice to be taken from their family physician.
Immunize all children as per schedule given below :
- DPT to be completed before entry to school
- Oral Polio
- Tetanus-Booster dose to be given between 7-16 years of age and also to be given if injured.
- Typhoid every 2/3 years (oral/infections)
- Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B
- meningitis, Chicken Pox
- Get a dental and an ophthalmic check-up done once every year.
- Students suffering from diseases such as Chicken Pox, Cholera, Measles, Mumps, Whooping-Cough and Jaundice must observe the prescribed period of quarantine.
- Students suffering from infectious diseases like conjunctivitis, Dermatitis, Scabies, etc., should not be sent to school until they are clear of the infection.
- Students suffering from chronic diseases like Asthma, Epilepsy, Rheumatic heart disease, etc., are advised to be under continual Medical Supervision of a Specialist Doctor. History of their illness must be filled up in the Diary along with the treatment being taken. They should inform the school Authorities as well.