| Bro John Kallarackal
|Bro. Dionigi Taffarello
|Bro. Jean-Paul Mbengue
|Bro. Pratap Reddy
|Bro. James T.K.
|Bro. Jean Marie Thior
|Bro. Michael Mathew
|Provincials of 16 provinces|
Our presence in the world
♦ We, the Montfort Brothers of St. Gabriel live in communities that are actively engaged in the education and social upliftment.
♦ We are members of the Church and work in harmony with its teachings.
♦ We strive to make the dream and vision of St. Montfort a reality to inculcate his unique style and Charism.
♦ Gabriel Deshayes gave a new a new impetus to the Brothers; stressing particularly the importance of the teaching profession.
♦ We live out our consecration to God through the three vows: Poverty, Chastity and Obedience.
♦ Our pledge to young people is to deepen our credibility as ‘signs and bearers of God’s love’ to each of them.
♦ Our preferential option is to work among the poor and the abandoned people in the society.
♦ We are present in 30 countries witnessing Christ through our educational ministry.
♦ Led by the Spirit, the Brotherhood is a journey each of us has chosen to commit wholly at the service of God, the Church and men.
♦ We are recognized in the Catholic Church, since 1910 as Religious Institute of pontifical right, dedicated to apostolic works.
Jesus Christ is our inspiration: our ‘RULE OF LIFE’, our ‘Model’, our ‘Guide’ and our ‘Goal’
Reading the Gospel we become more aware of the quality of his presence and power in our lives:
♦ In Christ we are chosen to be dedicated and to be full of love; It is the joy of the Apostle: to love with Christ’s own love.
♦ Christ, the Incarnate Wisdom, is our light and our strength;
♦ Free and totally available to rush where God beckons to meet the urgency of people’s needs, more particularly through educational activities.
♦ Live in joy our fidelity to Christ. This Consecrated life is lived in special communion with Him.
♦ To share intimacy of His heart, Christ invites us to give ourselves to the service of His Father and of people.
♦ Though He was rich, for our sake, He became poor – a model of Charity.
♦ He always did His Father’s will – a reason to live in obedience.
♦ Jesus prayed to His Father in the intimacy of silence; Christ invites us to pray to the Father in the solitude of our hearts and in the communion of Brothers and the Church.
Louis-Marie Grignion de Montfort was born on 31 January 1673, in Montfort-la-Cane, a small town in Brittany, France. He studied in Paris, in the seminary of Saint-Sulpice, and was ordained in 1700.
While a seminarian he delighted in researching the writings of Church Fathers, Doctors and Saints as they relate to the Blessed Virgin Mary, to whom he was singularly devoted.
Under Mary’s inspiration, he founded the Congregation of the Daughters of Wisdom (1703), a religious institute of women devoted to the care of the destitute, and the Company of Mary (1705), a missionary congregation of men popularly known as Montfort Fathers. He also inspired the congregation of the Brothers of Saint Gabriel, committed to the education of the youth.
In his apostolate, Montfort focused his zeal on calling people to conversion by renewing their baptismal promises. He did this through the practice of the Rosary and the diffusion of an authentic Marian devotion. He preached so forcefully and effectively against the errors of Jansenism that he was expelled from several dioceses in France.
In Rome, Pope Clement XI conferred on him the title and authority of Apostolic Missionary (1706), which enabled him to continue his apostolate after returning to France. He preached Mary everywhere and to everyone. He was one of the greatest apostles of the Rosary in his day, and by means of his miraculously inspiring books, The Secret of the Rosary and True Devotion to Mary, he is still so today.
His greatest contribution to the Church and the world is “Total Consecration to the Blessed Virgin”, which, according to him, is the perfect manner of renewing one’s baptismal promises. His spirituality has inspired many religious institutes and Marian associations, and has been espoused by millions of people, especially Pope John Paul II, who chose for his papal motto “Totus Tuus”, the first two words of the Montfortian total consecration to Jesus through Mary.
In True Devotion to Mary, St. Louis de Montfort prophesied that the army of souls consecrated to Mary will be Her instrument in defeating the Devil and his Antichrist. As Satan gains power in the world, so much more shall the new Eve triumph over him and crush his head.
He died on 28 April 1716, at the age of 43, at Saint-Laurent-sur-Sèvre, France. Beatified on 22 January 1888 by Pope Leo XIII, he was canonized on 20 July 1947 by Pope Pius XII. He is venerated as a patron of preachers. The cause for his declaration as a Doctor of the Church is now being pursued.
St. Louis Marie Grignion de Montfort, the Founder: St. Montfort was a good teacher. From 1701-03, he was one of chaplains at the Poorhouse of Poitiers. Like most poorhouses of the period, there was a charitable school and also a factory. There the children of the inmates between seven and thirteen years old and a few illiterate adults, who wished to learn how to read and write, were taught their letters. The chaplain was by right their school master. “Father de Montfort‟s main preoccupation during the course of his missions was to establish schools for the boys and for the girls.” (Grandet, p. 385) There was a school attached to the General Hospital at Nantes. Since 1696 it was taught by Louis Danto whom Montfort recruited for his own society of Brothers later, under the name of Brother Louis. Fr. Montfort thought of starting a school in La Rochelle mainly because of the religious ignorance of the young and the strong influence of Protestantism. After thinking deeply over the matter, he submitted his plan to the Bishop early in 1714. The approval was complete. During the second half of 1714, he bought a building in need of restoration. He himself became architect and entrepreneur. But the most important task was to find and train good teachers. That is why Montfort “himself went to the school every day to train the teachers in his methods of teaching and to provide a model for these disciples.” (Besnard II 110-111) The school was opened in January 1715. “Montfort” says Cloriviere, “put three masters with a priest at their head.” But who were those masters? Brothers surely, though in Montfort‟s time, only one can be identified with certainty, Louis Danto, mentioned in Montfort‟s Last Will as Brother Louis of La Rochelle. Fr. Montfort took great care of his school; he drew up the rules for admission, the timetable of the various classes, the syllabus to be followed, the prayers to be said, a list of rewards and punishments.
The First Religious Profession: The great missionary period of Montfort‟s life began at his return from Rome in 1706. Two years later, he had already four Brothers with him, Mathurin, John, Pierre, Jacques, and others. Later some more joined him. In On June 9, 1715, Fr. Montfort made his religious profession. Then Bros. Nicholas, Philip, Louis and Gabriel made their religious profession in his hands. The schools: Besides La Rochelle and Nantes, there was only the school of St. Laurent-sur-Sèvre, where we could be sure that there was a Montfortian Brother during the Saint‟s life time. The primary goal of the schools was the glory of God and the salvation of souls. Like his contemporaries, Montfort felt that schools were the nurseries of the Church, where children like young saplings carefully pruned and cultivated, eventually became fit to bear good fruit. Fr. Montfort wanted these schools to be free. In these schools order and silence must be maintained so as to improve education. A minimum of organization and order is necessary to ensure a good education. In Montfort‟s Last Will seven Brothers were mentioned of whom four had made their religious profession. Bro. Nicholas accompanied Montfort during his journey to Rouen. After Montfort‟s death we do not know what happened to him. Bro. Gabriel was with Montfort in St. Laurent when the latter died. Most probably he taught in the school at St. Laurent. We have no further information about him. When Montfort died, Louis was in La Rochelle, and in 1716, he was replaced by Bro. Philip. Bro. Louis came to Nantes and later tried to join the Lazarists, and he died on Oct. 8, 1716. Bro. Philip along with one Bro. Dominic worked in the charitable school at La Rochelle.
After St. Montfort‟s death: On June 6, 1716, Fr. René Mulot registered Montfort‟s Will with the notary in Nantes. He gave up the idea of accepting the properties in Vouvant. Then Fathers Mulot and Vatel came to St. Pompain to stay with Fr. Mulot‟s brother, who was the parish priest there. Latest by June 2, 1718, Bro. Mathurin came and joined the two Fathers. From 1716-1719, Bro. Jacques was in St. Laurent to look after the school for boys. Sr. Marie Louise of Jesus: On June 20, 1720, Sr. Marie Louise came to St. Laurent to establish the first community in a property donated by Marquis of Maganane and his niece Mme de Bouillé. A young man named René Joseau helped her. Later the Sisters requested Fr. Mulot to come to St. Laurent to be their superior. The same benefactors bought another property for Fathers and Brothers. The property was registered in the name of Brothers, who were to teach in the parish. “The property known as „Chêne-Vert‟ House (The Holm-Oak House) along with the garden „Les Hulles‟ and the end portion of a prairie was bought on 7th April 1721 from René Pabaut by Françoise-Renée Le Vacher, widow of Marquis de Bouillé… In the name of the Brothers, who are to teach small boys of the parish.” (Card. Tisserant, Montfort and the Brothers of St. Gabriel, p. 263)
Fr. René Mulot and religious profession: In June 1722, Fathers (3 more joined the group) and Brothers came to St. Laurent to start their first community. After a retreat they elected Fr. Mulot as their superior. On June 29, 1722, Fr. Mulot made his religious profession and then the Fathers and Brothers made their religious profession in his hands. Bro. Joseau too made his first vows. He looked after the parish school from 1722-59. Then one Brother Pierre succeeded him. In 1723, there was an exchange property between the Fathers and Sisters. Brothers were in La Rochelle and Nantes only for a short period and thus the school at St. Laurent was only one where Brothers taught till the end of the century. During the French Revolution, 4 Fathers, 4 Brothers and 33 Sisters of St. Laurent were massacred.
Fr, Gabriel Deshayes, the Re-Founder: Fr. Deshayes was the Superior General from 1821-1841. When he came to St. Laurent, there were only four Brothers of whom Bro. Elie was in charge of the parish school. On March 17, 1821, when Fr. Deshayes paid a visit to St. Laurent, he brought two novices, Pierre Marie and Augustin from Auray to St. Laurent. These two joined the Brothers who were in the Holy Spirit community in all spiritual exercises and time table. Fr. Deshayes was very keen to provide Christian education to children. He recruited many young men and started a novitiate for the Brothers. In 1823, he wrote a Rule for the Brothers who were to be teachers. He prescribed conditions to be fulfilled in order to have Brothers. After the French Revolution the Fathers and the Brothers had no legal existence. On June 25, 1823, Fr. Deshayes with all necessary papers applied to the Home Minister seeking government approval for the Brothers of Christian Instruction of the Holy Spirit. On Sept. 17, 1823, the Institute was approved by a royal ordinance. The Missionaries too were implicitly recognized. The Brothers were allowed to teach in five Provinces. As a consequence of this, the Brothers of the Holy Spirit became a legal body, distinct from the Company of Mary, while still retaining the unity as a religious congregation with the same Superior General. In 1822, Fr. Deshayes took charge of two schools, in 1823 nine, in 1824 twelve, etc. From 1821-1841, Fr. Deshayes started or took over 86 schools. 33 did not last long because the Brothers were not sufficiently prepared to be teachers, or because the parish priests who invited the Brothers expired or were transferred. On June 16, 1824, Fr. Deshayes sent Bro. Athanase to La Chartreuse to supervise the hearing impaired boys of the institution. Bro. Athanase soon picked up the sign language and also the method of teaching the hearing impaired. Later Frs. Galliot and Laveau learned the method of teaching the hearing impaired.
The First Profession: On September 22, 1824, all the Brothers including Bros. Elie and Jacques, and Brothers meant for manual work, totaling 42 pronounced the three religious vows of poverty, chastity and obedience for one year. Fr. Deshayes gave a new habit to those meant for teaching: cassock, blue rabat, mantle and a cap. At the end of the Annual Retreat of 1825, Fr. Deshayes consulted the Brothers and then appointed Bro. Augustin as Director and Bro. Simeon as Sub-Director and Master of Novices. In 1830, Fr. Deshayes wrote a new Rule for the Brothers. The 1823 Statutes had to be recast to suit the growth made and to give completeness. This Rule was approved by Mgr. Soyer, Bishop of Luçon on Sept. 12, 1830. This Rule was meant for all the Brothers whether teaching or doing manual work.
Tensions in Holy Spirit House from 1830-1835: In 1835, there were 132 Brothers and some 20 Novices. As the number of teaching Brothers increased rapidly, one could notice two different groups of Brothers: those who worked in the classroom and those who looked after the material side of things. Tension between the two groups increased when Fr. Deshayes was away, and as time went on, it proved necessary to separate the two groups. Further some of the missionaries were not happy to have such a large number of youngsters in their house causing much noise and disturbance. The Fathers, who came to the house after giving missions, could not get the needed rest, especially in summer, when all the missionaries and all the teaching Brothers had to find accommodation in the same house along with the usual occupants. Little by little, the idea of finding another location for the teaching Brothers came up.
St. Gabriel‟s House (Supiot House): After studying all the solutions available, Fr. Deshayes decided to set up the teaching Brothers in Supiot House, which had two buildings with gardens and other dependencies. The property was bought by the Daughters of Wisdom on Sept. 14, 1791. It was bought when Fr. Supiot was the Superior General and hence it was called Supiot House. On Dec. 29, 1834, the Daughters of Wisdom sold the property to the Brothers of the Holy Spirit. In February 1835, Fr. Deshayes bought from Mr. Allaire a field of nearly one hectare adjacent to Supiot House. Brothers worked hard to get ready their future house. They transported all the furniture of the class and their academic books and prayer books. In the end, on Oct. 15, 1835, Mgr. Soyer came and blessed the chapel. He celebrated the Mass and addressed the Brothers. On Oct. 16, 1835, Fr. Deshayes celebrated the Mass in the chapel and preserved the Blessed Sacrament in the tabernacle. Then 33 people, Brothers and Novices put together, took all their possessions and came to stay in Supiot House, while 57 Brothers stayed back in Holy Spirit House. Bros. Augustin and Siméon and all teaching Brothers and five Brothers doing manual work formed part of these 33. Further, 42 Brothers working in 21 different schools were attached to this new house. Fr. Vion came daily to celebrate Mass for the Brothers. All the Missionaries were happy to render service to the Brothers. Fr. Galliot suggested that the house could be called “St. Gabriel‟s House” and Fr. Deshayes had no objection and so that name was given to the house.
The 1837 Rule: In 1834, Fr. Deshayes confidentially told Brothers Augustin and Simeon about an alternative Rule that he was preparing and discussed the wording with them. He worked for three years at improving it. As Bro. Augustin objected to the article on the Superior, it was altered as: “The Brothers choose from their own number a Superior who is to govern the Congregation; he will be helped by one or two Assistants according as the Congregation increases in number”. Fr. Deshayes signed the altered Rule on January 7, 1837 and the Bishop of Luçon approved it on April 09, 1838. However, the Rule was kept a secret.
Fr. Deshayes established a number of schools for the hearing impaired: Orléans, Rouillé, Loudun, Larnay and Lille. On Dec. 28, 1841, Fr. Deshayes died peacefully.
The separation of the Institute from the Company of Mary: After Fr. Deshayes‟ death, Bro. Augustin brought out the Rule which was kept as a secret. He and his followers wanted the separation from the Company of Mary. But a good number of Brothers did not appreciate the move. Fr. Dalin, who succeeded Fr. Deshayes, did not interfere with Bro. Augustin‟s actions. The First General Assembly of the Brothers took place in September 1842 and on 21 September 1842, Bro. Augustin was elected Superior General. This was the moment when the Institute got separated from the Company of Mary. The Institute was then called the Institute of the Brothers of the Holy Spirit
Vocation of Brother Mathurin Rangeard, catechist, singer, animator, schoolmaster.
First Profession of 4 of the Brothers of the Holy Spirit: Louis, Philippe, Nicolas and Gabriel. Brothers, followers of Montfort, are called by him to run charitable schools at La Rochelle.
27 April 1716: Before his death, Montfort foresees that one section of the «Brothers of the Holy Spirit» devotes itself to the «charitable schools».
Brother Jacques looks after the charitable school at Saint-Laurent, from 1717 to 1720, at Nantes, from 1724 to 1727. Brother Joseau succeeds him at Saint-Laurent, from 1722 to 1759.
Saint-Laurent: purchase of the house “Chêne-Vert” to accommodate the Brothers of the Holy Spirit who take care of the charitable school and to look after the poor.
5 Brothers of the Holy Spirit are massacred by the revolutionary troops.
Fr Deshayes, Superior General of the Montfortian Congregations, gives to the small group of the Brothers of the Holy Spirit an extraordinary impetus, especially for the teachers.
The Congregation of the Brothers of the Christian Instruction of the Holy Spirit is officially recognized in 5 Departments in the West of France. Fr Deshayes gives them a Rule. 1824 On September 22, 42 Brothers make their Religious Profession. Brother Athanase is sent to the Chartreuse of Auray to initiate the education of the deaf, and then to take care of the group of boys. Fr Deshayes later founded several schools for the deaf, boys and girls. 1825 Father Deshayes named Brother Augustin (Jean Éveno), Director of the group of the Brothers, and Brother Siméon (François Brevet), Deputy Director and Master of Novices.
On October 15, 33 Brothers and Novices of the Holy Spirit moved out to Maison Supiot. From then on it was called “St.Gabriel”.
Foundation of Saint-Gabriel Boarding School at Saint-Laurent-sur-Sèvre.
The new Rule of the Brothers of the Christian Instruction is approved by the Bishop of Luçon, stating that from now on the Brothers will have a Superior General, chosen from among them and by them.
Death of Fr Deshayes, who performed a tremendous work: in 1841, there are 26 Fathers and 42 Brothers (+ 8 Novices) attached to Holy Spirit House; 99 Brothers and 36 Novices attached to Saint Gabriel House; 1593 Daughters of Wisdom and 95 Novices.
The group of the Brothers of the Christian Instruction of Saint Gabriel becomes an independent Congregation.
The Congregation is officially recognized throughout France, under the name of « Congregation of the Brothers of the Christian Instruction of Saint Gabriel. »
At Loudun, first congress of the Brothers involved in the teaching of the deaf.
1st General Chapter of the Congregation, with the Chapter delegates chosen by the Brothers.
1st Provincial in the history of the Congregation: Brother Louis de Gonzague, Provincial of South from 1860 to 1890.
Creation of a unique feature in the Congregation: that of Brother Visitor for the Houses of the Deaf. Brother Hubert held that function from 1862 to 1883. The function will continue till 1905.
The Circular of Rev. Bro. Eugene Marie on « The Need for Studies ». One of the key priorities of the Superior is the professional and pedagogical formation of the Brothers, their preparation for the official exams.
Beatification of the Father de Montfort at Rome by Pope Leo XIII.
September 25: arrival of six Brothers in Canada. (The first establishment outside of France.)
Arrival of the Brothers in Belgium, Gabon, and Djibouti.
Arrival of the Brothers in Thailand (1st establishment in Asia).
In France, persecution against the Church and the Congregations: nationalization of the schools, secularization. Arrival of the Brothers in Switzerland, in England, in Italy, in Spain, in Netherland, in India, and in Madagascar. Installation of the Central Administration in Belgium.
February 19: Decree of Approbation of the Institute by the Holy See, and approval of the Constitutions « ad experimentum ».
Official Approval of the Constitutions by the Holy See.
Spanish Civil War: between July and November, 49 Brothers and their Chaplain are massacred. The process of the beatification of these martyrs will begin in 2001.
July 20: canonization of St Louis-Marie de Montfort, in Rome, by Pope Pius XII.
Installation of the General House in Rome.
Year of the largest number of Brothers: 1785 Brothers and 109 Novices, therefore close to 1900 members
Election of Brother Romain Landry, Canadian: 1st Superior General who is not French.
May 30: massacre of 7 Brothers (6 Belgians and 1 Dutch) at Buta, RD Congo.
1st Session of 24th Special General Chapter for the revision of the Rule of Life and Constitutions: decision to create Provincial Chapters and introduction to priesthood for the needs of the Congregation.
1st Council of the Institute in Rome, regrouping the Central Administration, the Provincials and the District Superiors.
April 28: Final Approval of the Rule of Life and the Constitutions by the Holy See.
October: Division of the Province of South India into two Regions: Trichy and Yercaud
May 16: Beatification of Marie-Louise Trichet, in Rome, by Pope John Paul II
July 20: Entering of the Feast of Saint Louis Marie in the Roman Universal Calendar.
September 19: Pilgrimage of Pope John Paul II to the tomb of St. Louis-Marie, at Saint-Laurent-sur-Sèvre.
June 29: Message of Pope John Paul II to the Montfortian Family on the 50th anniversary of Montfort’s Canonization. September 27-29: Historical meeting of the 3 Councils of the Institute of the 3 Congregations at the Generalate of the Brothers of St. Gabriel in Rome. On 29: Celebration of the Unity of the Montfortian Family.
1st Session of IMI (International Montfortian Institute)
28 April: Creation of three Provinces in India: North-East, Trichy and Yercaud
Arrival of the Brothers in Poland, Philippines and in the State of Sabah (Malaysia).
July 6: Bus accident in Spain. 27 students and teachers from our schools of Ripollet and Viladecans in Spain, were killed and 30 were injured.
July 17-19: 1st International Encounter in St Laurent-sur-Sèvre (RISL) (France)
October 11-13: Montfortian Symposium in Rome
October: Centenary of the arrival of the Brothers in Gabon
The General Council authorises the Province of Spain to begin the process of the beatification of the 49 presumed martyrs Brothers of Spain and their Chaplain.
October 20: Celebration of the centenary of the arrival of the Brothers in Thailand
November 17: Creation of the «Gabrielite Secretariat for Justice and Peace» (GSJP)
September: Celebration of the Centenary of the arrival of the Brothers in India
September 27: Celebration of the Centenary of the arrival of the Brothers in Spain
September 29: inauguration of the Community House in Czestochowa (Poland)
October 05: Celebration of the Centenary of the arrival of the Brothers in Italy
October 12: Celebration of the 75th anniversary of the arrival of the Brothers in Gabon
December 06: Celebration of the Centenary of the arrival of the Brothers in Madagascar
December 8: Letter of Pope John Paul II to the Superiors General of the Montfortian Family, on the occasion of the 160th anniversary of the « discovery » of the Treatise of the True Devotion.
September: Setting up of the International Finance Commission
April 28: Regrouping of the Provinces of France, Belgium and Italy and attachment of Poland
December 4: The official opening of the documentation on the 50 presumed martyrs Brothers of Spain, sent by the Archdiocese of Barcelona, by the Congregation for the causes of Saints, in Vatican.
March 25: Setting up of 2 new Provinces: Pune and Hyderabad (in charge of the Sector of Tanzania) by the division of the Province of “Central India”
July 20: 60th Anniversary of Montfort’s Canonisation
August 17: Foundation in Burkina-Faso, at Dedougou, by the Brothers of the Provinces of Senegal, Kinshasa and Brazzaville.
July 01: Setting up of 2 new Provinces: Kinshasa and Brazzaville. The Sector of Rwanda – Burundi is in link with the Central Administration.
December 20: Celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the arrival of the Brothers in Congo Brazzaville
April 26: Celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the arrival of the Brothers in Senegal
May 30: Celebration of the 60th Anniversary of Montfort’s Canonisation
July 14-19: International JPIC Encounter – Bangalore (India)
July 20: Celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the arrival of the Brothers in the Republic of Central Africa
July 21-26: International Encounter of Partnership – Bangalore (India)
September 15-26: Cap-de-la-Madeleine (Canada): 14th Council of the Institute.
December 13: Celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the District of East Africa
January 20: Celebration of the 60th anniversary of the arrival of the Brothers in Brazil
February 15 – August 13: 3rd International Session of IMI: 5 DW, 10 SMM and 10 FSG (Generalate of the FSG Rome and France)
February 15 – June 30: Generalate: 3rd International IMI programme with 5 DW, 10 SMM et 10 BSG.
March 25: Release of the Document “Partnership General Guidelines” to implement the new forms of relationship between the Laity and the Brothers of St. Gabriel.
February 19: Centenary of the Decree of Approbation of the Institute by the Holy See.
October: Release of the Document: « Montfortian Education Charter – Montfortian Education in the 21st Century”
September 12: Celebration of the 3rd Centenary of the Calvary at Pontchâteau
October 04-15: Hyderabad (India): 15th Council of the Institute.
December 07: Inauguration of the Novitiate in Mikese (Tanzania)
August 22: Foundation in Kenya (Nairobi)
November 06: Celebration of the 75th Anniversary of the Martyrdom of our Spanish Brothers
December 28: Inauguration of the Website of the Congregation
January 01: Transfer of the Mission in Burkina Faso to the Province of Senegal
Celebration of the 3rd Centenary of Treatise of the True Devotion
February 3-4: Inauguration of Montfort Social Institute (MSI) and of the Provincial House in Hyderabad
July 01: Inauguration of the Secretariat for Justice and Peace at Dakar (Senegal)
July 4: Starting the mission in Myanmar (Yangon)
August 30: Inauguration of the Secretariat for Education in Bangalore (India)
May 23: Day of the Brothers at St Laurent-sur-Sèvre (France)
May 24: Opening of the year of the Tercentenary of Montfort’s death
June 02-03: Symposium on Montfort at Angers (France)
September 11: Closing celebration of the Tercentenary year at Pontchâteau